Monday, March 18 – 6:30 pm
Under 17 $19.00
Under 12 $14.00
(Inclusive of booking fee)
Showcasing our 2024 collection that has everything a cycling-centric audience could want- action, drama, humour, and plenty of inspiration; the evening is going to be unashamedly, and utterly, utterly, utterly aimed at the two-wheel devotee!
There’s always an air of mystique about The Big Bike Film Night; we’re not your typical mainstream film festival, we’re left field and damn proud of it.
Treasuring where a bike can take you, our annual curated collection of short bike films is devised and designed to delight the two-wheel devotee in celebrating the fun, the adventure and the inspiration that cycling enables.
We don’t reveal what films go into our collections; just like riding a bike –it’s the journey and not the destination that is important, but here are some insights…
The 2024 treasure chest of films includes:
- a visually commanding film following one rider’s colourful adventure scouring the most beautiful spots from Guatemala to Peru via Bolivia bringing together a masterpiece of breathtaking images and memories
- a documentary about a community of cyclists from Alexandra who all share a similar love and passion for their place, people and sport
discovering how a bicycle can be much more than a bicycle, bringing change to people’s lives
- a determined father and his daughter prepare for their greatest adventure together: an ambitious ride that will push them to physical and emotional limits on a gruelling bike ride around Central Otago’s Lake Dunstan Trail
- a passionate and quirky Australian cyclist advocating to “Ride your bike, don’t just romance the idea. Ride.”
joining 10 young people as they learn to ride a long way…. embarking on a 900km bikepacking trip from Wellington to Wānaka
- a fast-paced, fun, and feminist bike race film that finally gives a groundbreaking, nearly forgotten athletic hero her rightful place in history
a moving movie set in Scotland, showcasing how the simple joy of riding bikes can make a big impact
- and rounding out the night, “Everesting” is a feather few cyclists have in their caps, but what happens if your cap is full? So full in fact, you think “Why not do two?”
ALL in the mix!
So…listen to the voice inside you; it’s telling you to go. Grab your mates, grab your tickets, GO ON… grab your bike, and come along for the ride!!
Purchase a ticket to any New Zealand screening and, thanks to our prize sponsors Ngā Haerenga Great Rides of New Zealand, Tairāwhiti Gisborne, The Motu Trails, and Cycle Gisborne, you could win the Ultimate Cycling Adventure on the Motu Trails Great Ride!
This prize is worth over $5,000 for two. Plus you also receive up to $1,000 worth of domestic air travel to help you get to Gisborne and home again.
PLEASE NOTE: To qualify for the competition please tick the ‘Third Party Communications’ checkbox at checkout.